Woe to those with a pen...

I have just read the most humorously insightful and poignantly truthful article on what it means to be a writer. And I must confess, I felt a small blush of pride as I identified with nearly every single "woe." Perhaps I do have the capacity to be a conjurer of words, a master of the pen, lord of the page... My absolute favorite woe, however, was this one:

"Woe#9: Woe to those who hear, who touch and who see, yet who drop the pen and turn away from the open half-written pages of a world still waiting to be finished. Many stories will be lost. Yours will not end as it should. This woe is far worse than the others."

If that cannot persuade me to keep writing, then I don't believe anything else could...

http://wordservewatercooler.com/2013/01/16/all-the-worlds-a-page-the-9-woes-of-the-writing-life/

No comments: